Argh, more than a month has gone by since I last posted. I was going to be better than this! So, lessee, what's new this month?
• School still goes. So that's not exactly new. I was feeling like I was drowning in homework and work in general last week (and possibly the week before), but I seem to have gotten my head above the water again. I am so incredibly thankful that this is my last semester.
• Myth, Archetype, & Fairy Tale
is still by far the best and most awesome class. We all have to do a final project, and since the class is mostly filled with Writing Majors most of us are writing. I'm going to be writing a small collection of retold tales. Red Riding Hood the Werewolf Slayer, Maleficent's Curse, the Love Story of Hades & Persephone, Cassandra of Troy: Modern Day Prophetess are all the things that I've sort of got a handle on so far. I want to do something with Captain Hook but I'm not sure what yet. So we'll see. I'm pretty excited.
• J and I moved furniture around the house last week, putting the TV, Wii and cable box in the bedroom and making space for a small desk/work nook in the corner of the living room for me. Both of these changes have made life much easier and more enjoyable in this teensy apartment we call home. Plus, watching movies (like The Lone Ranger
, LOL) in our bedroom on the big TV is much nicer.
• I have a doctor's appointment a week from tomorrow! This will be the first time I've seen a doctor (other than the dentist or my optometrist) in much too long. I'm definitely not looking forward to having bloodwork done—tattoos have not exactly made me fond of needles, but I think I might be past the post of spontaneously bursting into tears at even the sight of a syringe—but I am looking forward to having a reliable someone to prescribe birth control (rather than my school nurse) and possible someone to prescribe sleeping pills. This sleeping-poorly bullshit has got to stop.
• Plus, also, I need a doctor's note in order to go to Israel this February. Free trip to Israel because I'm Jewish, woo! I've gotten them everything they need except
the doctor's note (because I don't currently have a doctor, whoops) and I really, really hope that the Culinary trip hasn't been filled by the time I get it to them because it seems like that might be one of the only trips I would really enjoy. So, fingers crossed and all that.
• This fall's TV is so far awesome. I'm watching Sleepy Hollow
(and hiding from all the scary parts behind my hands), Downton Abbey
(how much do I love Mary? a lot!), Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
(which I am really loving to bits and pieces), Once Upon A Time
(which continues to be full of awesomeness and their Peter Pan is my new favorite), Castle
(because I can't give up on it now), Masters of Sex
(which I am watching entirely because of Michael Sheen and Lizzy Caplan) and Elementary
(because, Sherlock Holmes. duh.)
• On a totally different note: I really dislike how DW's tagging works, in that I really like it when LJ will show you all
the tags you have that start with L if you type that in. DW only shows you one option, and since I don't remember all my tags, it's less useful to me. I always have to cross check my tags with LJ when I post here.ETA:
Oh oh oh! One more thing!
• J and I are going to the east coast for the weekend after Thanksgiving! (Which is when my mother's family gets together to celebrate Thanksgiving, since there are six of them, and they all have significant others so they go their separate ways on the actual holiday.) This is exciting because it's going to give us Friday evening and some of Sunday in NYC together. He's going to bring his camera and I'm going to take him to some touristy places and feed him real bagels and real (fake) Chinese food and real pizza. And maybe a falafel sandwich from a cart. And he'll get to meet Aaron on Sunday, and maybe Mira and Em depending on what those two are up to around then. So that's exciting too!
It's a shame y'all over at LJ can't see my awesome Mary/Downton Abbey icon. :pThis entry was originally posted at DreamWidth. Please comment there with your journal or OpenID. [There are comments on DW.]